Welcome to my blog, all about inspirational people with amazing stories to share and who have fought their way to their goals and dreams.



Monday, August 30, 2010

Fitness Model Chady Dunmore's Story

I had the pleasure of interviewing Fitness Model and Cover Girl Chady Dunmore. She landed the cover for Fitness RX Magazine June 2010. Chady lives in Sacramento California and goes to Los Angeles for work. Here is her story.



Q. How long have you been working out?

- I have been athletic my whole life but training in the gym I would say 3years


Q. How many kids do you have?

-1 beautiful 4year old girl


Q. How did you start up as a fitness and bikini model?

- I have modeled since I was 13yrs old but as fitness/bikini model that happened almost 2years ago. I got discovered by Photographer Mike Byerly who highly suggested FMI (Fitness Model International) conference and said I had what it takes to be a Cover Model. Went to the conference last year and Viola!!!


Q. How many shows have you competed in and what was your best placing?

-7 shows total

-Best placing & highlight would have to be winning the Amateur Arnold Bikini Championships in the Tall Class & Overall:-)


Q. Do you still compete now?

-Yes. I just got my pro card as a bikini competitor and will compete in the WBFF Bikini Pro Diva Championships this Sept18 in Toronto, Canada


Q. You are on the recent cover of "Fitness RX", how does this make you feel?

-On Top of the World.... I still am pinching myself!!! LOL


Q. Have you landed covers of any other magazines?

- I have, but not a national magazine with a 10 page spread on ME!!!


Q. What is your family's favorite activity to do as a group?

-EAT !!! I'm Puerto Rican so a home cooked meal is where we are happiest I think!!



Q. How important do you think it is for parents to keep their kids active?

--EXTREMELY!! My mom had my twin brother and I in sports all through grade school so having a schedule/ playing with a team builds character and goals throughout your life.


Q. What is your family's favorite treat?

-PIZZA


Q. You went through a hard time with your pregnancy, tell our readers more about this.

-I was diagnosed with a kidney disease when I was 4 yrs old, so becoming pregnant put me at a high risk. My activity level was limited and I gained a TON of weight....70lbs to be exact!


Q. How did fitness change your life?

-As funny as this sounds, you learn so much about yourself on a diet!! Its a mental game and you teach yourself so much discipline!

My health has improved since I am more conscious of my eating and fluid intake which is so important living with a kidney disease.


Q. Who are the people that stuck by your side and helped you through the tough times?

-black coffee!!! What would I do without him? LOL

-My family!!! AND this amazing man named SID :-)



Q. How long did it take to lose the weight?

-4-5 LONG months I was hardcore though and went through post partum depression, so I was a machine. Building muscle was a much harder...



Q. Where there times that you felt like giving up? How did you get through it?

-YES YES YES!!!! I'm human and there was countless times I would wake up SO sore asking myself...why? Just go back to sleep and be a normal mom....BUT I couldnt. I want to set an example to my daughter that if you believe in yourself, you can make anything happen.



Q. Do you have any advice for our readers out there that have gone or going through the same thing?

-Discipline is remembering what you want. If you can survive the hell...the payoff is HUGE!!! Being healthy and living an active lifestyle is SO important. Setting a goal will inspire another person to... keep the ball rolling:-)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog! Chady Dunmore you are an inspiration to me! I carry the FitnessRX magazine with me everywhere I go. If I could take a picture of my backpack there it is. I am a single mother of 3 beautiful children, a full time student with a full time job. But every time I get tempted on eating junk food I remind myself of what my goals are. There are so many women in fitness that inspire me. Even you Angelique! I follow many of you on twitter you all are amazing. I don't have much money to go to a gym or get a trainer but I push myself everyday doing the workouts in magazines, P90X as well and just trying to eat better. I hope one day I get to where I want and need to be. Health & Fitness are very important to me and even if I have a little extra weight I make sure my kids are active and eating right. I'm on the road to victory, its hard but all the women in fitness and health inspire me. So I just look at your pics and say yes! I remember what I am doing. And I get back on track. So thank you again for this blog! You are an inspiration to many of us! Be safe and take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvette! I appreciate your kind words. Please follow my blogs for more inspirational stories and for fitness tips please follow http://getfitwithangelique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another fantastic interview. Chady is such an inspiration and such a good role model for other moms and more importantly for her daughter. Keep them coming Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a nice interview!
    Chady is my inspiration! I saw her on the cover of a magazine just recently, and she was glowing with happiness. Her story made me realize that if she can get fit, I can do it too :)

    ReplyDelete